Ad

Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Sometimes, on lonely nights, I could still hear her whispers

Sometimes, on lonely nights, I could still hear her whispers.

As I was returning home alone that night, the deserted road felt eerie despite the cozy atmosphere created by the soft road lights. Crossing a wooden bridge, I suddenly heard faint footsteps behind me. Glancing back, I spotted a girl following at a distance. Fear gripped me; she wasn't walking with me, but following me.

Her appearance was haunting, clad in a strange white dress that seemed out of place in the darkness. Trying to shake off the unease, I quickened my pace, but so did she. Anxiety gnawed at me, and I couldn't wait to reach the safety of my home.

Finally, I approached my house, and my mother opened the door in response to my knock. Relieved, I stepped inside and quickly closed the door behind me. But to my surprise, I heard a faint whisper from outside. It was the girl, the one who had been following me.

"Don't be afraid," she said softly. "I will protect you forever. You are in my love."

Chills ran down my spine, and I couldn't fathom who she was or why she claimed to love me. My mind raced with questions as I shared the strange encounter with my mother. We cautiously peered out the window, but there was no sign of the girl.

The day goes by, and I couldn't shake off the unsettling feeling that I was being watched. I started to notice glimpses of the girl in the shadows, always at a distance, observing me from afar.

As time passed, her presence grew more comforting than alarming. The fear slowly transformed into curiosity, and I decided to confront her. On a moonlit night, I cautiously approached the bridge where I had first seen her.

She stood there, ethereal and enigmatic, as if waiting for my arrival. I gathered my courage and asked, "Who are you? Why have you been following me?"

Her eyes glimmered with an otherworldly light as she spoke, "I am a spirit tied to this place. Long ago, I loved a man who resembled you. When he left this world, I couldn't bear the loss. Since then, my soul has wandered, seeking him in every life he reincarnates. And now, I have found you."

I was bewildered by her words, feeling a mix of sympathy and apprehension. "What do you want from me?" I asked.

"I only want to protect and love you, as I could not protect and love him in his previous life," she replied softly. "But if my presence troubles you, I will fade away."

Conflicted, I pondered the situation. Though eerie, her intentions seemed rooted in love and protection. Ultimately, I asked her to stay by my side but promised to help her find peace if she ever desired release from her eternal search.

From that day on, she became a guardian spirit, watching over me. Though unseen, her presence brought solace and a sense of being cared for. Sometimes, on lonely nights, I could still hear her whispers, a gentle reminder that love could transcend even the boundaries of life and death.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Haunting of Black Hollow Station

The Haunting of Black Hollow Station In the heart of the American Midwest, there is a small town called Black Hollow, known for its pictur...